- Juan Carlos Ponce Campuzano
Consider the Lotka-Voterra equations of interacting predator and prey systems
x'=x(a-cx-dy) y'=-y(b-ex)-hwhere all of x, y, a, b, c, d, k, n are positive, and
- x represents the number of prey
- y represents the number of predators
- a is the growth rate of the prey.
- b is the death rate of the predators independent of the prey.
- d is the is the rate of consumption of the prey per predator.
- a / c is the carrying capacity of the prey independent of the predators.
- e is the growth rate of the predator per prey consumed,
- h is prey harvesting.