- Walch Education
Madison needs to ride a shuttle bus to reach an airport terminal. Shuttle buses arrive every 15 minutes, and the arrival times for buses are uniformly distributed. What is the probability that Madison will need to wait more than 6 minutes for the bus?
- Sketch a uniform distribution and shade the area of the interval of interest.
- Determine the total width of the distribution.
- Determine the width of the interval of interest.
- Determine the proportion of the area of the interval of interest to the total area of the distribution.
- Interpret the proportion in terms of the context of the problem.