Geometry Notes 1.2/1.3A: Linear Measure, Distance Formula
You need the printed 1.2/1.3A Notes for this lesson.
Review! Try these now while you wait for class to start!
1. Name 3 undefined terms in geometry:
2. Name the intersection of line s and plane C.
3. Name the intersection of line s and plane E.
4. Name the intersection of plane C and plane E.
5. Line m is contained in plane ___.
Stop here and wait for the class.
Today: a line segment is two endpoints, and all of the points between.
Now do #6 (together with class) and #7 (on your own) on your printed notes! You don't need to show arithmetic, but you do need to show algebra.
#8 on printed notes, with class.
DISTANCE BETWEEN POINTS
DO # 9, 10, AND 11 WITH THE CLASS, ON YOUR PRINTED NOTES.
ON A GRID:
Remember, the reason to estimate is so that you notice that an answer is incorrect, so that you can go back and check your work.
Try #29, 12, and 13, and 14a on your own on the printed notes. Let's do 14b together.