CCGPS AA 1.1.1 Example 1
- Walch Education
The following data set shows the numbers of minutes it took chemistry students to complete a quiz: Describe the data set, using appropriate measures of center and spread. Identify any outliers or other extreme values and describe their effects.
- Make a plan.
- Find the five-number summary.
- Find the interquartile range (IQR).
- Identify any outliers.
- Choose an appropriate measure of center for the data.
- Choose an appropriate measure of spread for the data.
- Draw a box plot and a dot plot to display the data set.
- Use the plots to describe the data set.