- Solving Polyn'l Eq'ns: Visualization from Linear to Cubic...
- What is a (real) mapping diagram (MD)?
- Some Historical Uses of Mapping Diagrams
- MD to visualize solving linear and quadratic equations.
- MD to visualize complex solutions to quadratic and cubic functions and equations.
- Bonus: Mapping Diagrams for Quartic Equations and Newton's Method
Solving Polyn'l Eq'ns: Visualization from Linear to Cubic...
- Martin Flashman
Solving Polynomial Equations: Visualization from Linear to Cubic, from Rational to Complex Numbers Fall 2018 ArizMATYC Conference GateWay Community College (Phoenix, AZ) Friday, October 5, 2018. Links: http://flashman.neocities.org/Presentations/ArizMATYC.LINKS.html Using recent work with Geogebra on mapping diagrams, an alternative to graphs, Professor Flashman will provide visualizations for both the algebra used to solve linear and quadratic equations and for the relation of quadratic and cubic equations to their complex number solutions.
Table of Contents
- Table and Mapping Diagram for A Complex Linear Function
- Complex Linear Mapping Diagram II: f(z) = Az
- Complex Variable Function Mapping Diagrams and Solving Real and Complex Quadratic Equations
- Mapping Diagram Solving A Quadratic Equation(Real and Complex)
- Complex Variable Function Mapping Diagrams and Solving Real Cubic Equations