Driven RLC Circuit Using Phasors
- Dave Nero
This simulation shows the phasor representation of a series RLC circuit. Adjust the values of R, L, and C using the sliders. Change how the circuit is driven by adjusting the emf amplitude and driving frequency. Use the check boxes to select which graphs are shown.
- Can you put the circuit in resonance? Can you calculate the resonant frequency?
- When is the circuit inductive? When is it capacitive?
- Can any of the voltages ever be larger than the emf amplitude?
- What effects does changing R have?
- Current is not shown, but can you tell when it has the largest amplitude?