- Arthur Lee
Here is one way to use the applet as a whole class activity.
- Show this applet on the screen.
- Students try to remember the positions of the ships before they are hidden.
- Teacher hide the ships. Turn on the axes with or without grids. (Use the top right Style Bar.)
- On this blank coordinate plane, students start suggesting points that may 'bomb' the ships. Coordinates can be entered in the Input Bar at the bottom.
- After some trials, show the ships and discuss the results.
- Attention can be put on describing and comparing the points or their relations.