Pablo’s science class is growing plants. He recorded the height of his plant each day for 10 days. The plant’s height, in centimeters, over that time is listed in the table below. Pablo determines that the function is a good fit for the data. How close is his estimate to the actual data? Approximately how much does the plant grow each day?
- Create a scatter plot of the data.
- Draw the line of best fit through two of the data points.
- Find the residuals for each data point.
- Plot the residuals on a residual plot.
- Describe the fit of the line based on the shape of the residual plot.
- Use the equation to estimate the centimeters grown each day.