- Walch Education
A population of mice quadruples every 6 months. If a mouse nest started out with 2 mice, how many mice would there be after 2 years? Write an equation and then use it to solve the problem.
- Read the problem statement carefully and then reread it, this time identifying the known quantities.
- Read the statement again, identifying the unknown quantity or variable.
- Create expressions and equations from the known quantities and variable(s).
- Substitute the values into the general form of an exponential equation, .
- Follow the order of operations to solve the resulting equation.
- Interpret the solution in terms of the context of the problem.