- Arpit Kesharwani
A plane flew at a constant speed between Denver and Chicago. It took the plane 1.5 hours to fly 915 miles. Map of the Midwest from Denver to Chicago Copyright Owner: American Fact Finder License: Public Domain Via: Original URL: http://factfinder.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/searchresults.xhtml?ref=geo&refresh=t&tab=map&src=bkmk (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Complete the table.time (hours)distance (miles)speed (miles per hour)
- How far does the plane fly in one hour?
- How far would the plane fly in tt hours at this speed?
- If dd represents the distance that the plane flies at this speed for tt hours, write an equation that relates tt and dd.
- How far would the plane fly in 3 hours at this speed? in 3.5 hours? Explain or show your reasoning.