CCGPS AA 3.3.2 Example 1
- Walch Education
Sketch the graph of the rational function . Include points on both sides of any asymptotes.
- Find the value of .
- Find the value(s) of for which .
- Write the equation(s) for the vertical asymptote(s) of , if any.
- Write the equation(s) of the horizontal asymptote(s) of , if any.
- To prepare for sketching the graph of , pick values for that meet the conditions for from step 1, along with some values of , , and . Then, calculate the value of for each value of . List the calculations in a table.
- List the points calculated in steps 1 and 2 for the -intercepts and zeros of the function in a table.
- Use your results to sketch the graph of the function .