UCSS Math III 4B.4.2 Example 4
- Walch Education
Use a graphing calculator to compare the graphs of the three functions , , and . How are the functions related? How are they alike and different?
- Graph the functions using a graphing calculator.
- Describe the equations and domains of the three pieces of the piecewise function .
- Describe what the function represents for .
- Determine the intersection point of the graphs of and , and describe what it represents.
- Describe the meaning of the overlapping portions of the graphs of the function pair and as well as the function pair and .
- Determine the solutions for the function pair and and the function pair and .