- Irina Boyadzhiev
This applet can be used to study inverse functions.
- Enter a function of in the input box .
- Set the domain of the function by dragging the endpoints of the blue line at the bottom of the window.
- Click on the “Horizontal Line Test” and drag the vertical slider. Is a one-to-one function?
- Click on the “Reflect f(x)” button.
- Drag the horizontal slider to run the Vertical Line Test. Is the reflection a graph of a function?
- Drag the endpoints of the blue segment under the graphs to restrict the domain of in such a way that the reflected graph is a graph of a function.
- Click the “Show Corresponding Points”. Drag the orange point along the graph of and notice its reflection on the graph of the inverse function.