- Michael Horvath
This worksheet shows how to construct a parabola.
- Point B is the parabola's focus.
- Line d is the parabola's directrix.
- The parabola is the locus of point I, which is the intersection of lines e and h.
- Lines b and e are perpendicular to line a.
- Circle g is centered on point B and passes through point F.
- Circle f is centered on point F and passes through point B.
- Line h passes through the intersections of circles f and g.
- Move point A to change the vertex of the parabola.
- Move point J to rotate the parabola around the vertex.
- Move point B to change the distance of the focus and directrix from the vertex.
- Move point E to trace the locus of point I.