CCGPS CA 4.3.1 Example 1
The graph below contains a linear model that approximates the relationship between the size of a home and how much it costs. The x-axis represents size in square feet, and the y-axis represents cost in dollars. Describe what the slope and the y-intercept of the linear model mean in terms of housing prices.
- Find the equation of the linear fit.
- Determine the units of the slope.
- Describe what the slope means in context.
- Determine the units of the y-intercept.
- Describe what the y-intercept means in context.