Scatter Plots and Residuals
- Jerel Welker
- Scatter Plot
- Enter the number of points to be plotted.
- Enter the points in the inputbox. The graph will update as the points are entered.
- Click the Show Line box to show a line. Fit the line to the data by moving the points. Points can be moved in small increments by selecting the point with the cursor and using the arrow keys on a keyboard.
- Click the Show Line of Best Fit button to view the line of best fit, sum of the squares for the line of best fit and the correlation coefficient (r).
- The graph of the residuals is shown in the lower grid.
NCTM Classroom Resouces Committee Jerel L. Welker Lincoln Public Schools Lincoln, NE email@example.com