The Unit Circle
- Donald C. Albin Jr.
Submitted by Mr. Donald C. Albin Jr. Professional Educator www.donaldalbin.99k.org Explore how the unit circle relates to right triangles and to trigonometric functions. Directions
- Click on a check box.
Questions to promote inquiry
- What patterns do you see?
- What number appears most in the labeled points? Why?
- Some angles are drawn in red; others in white? What is the significance of the different angles?
- How do you read the sine and cosine off of the unit circle?
- What "special" occurrence happens at 360°?
- How do you translate between a unit circle and a trigonometric curve? What is the relationship?