CCGPS CA 1.2.3 Example 1
A population of mice quadruples every 6 months. If a mouse nest started out with 2 mice, how many mice would there be after 2 years? Write an equation and then use it to solve the problem.
- Read and reread the the scenario to identify the known and unknown quantities.
- Create expressions and equations from the known quantities and variable(s).
- Substitute the values into the general form of the equation .
- Follow the order of operations to solve the problem.
- Interpret the solution in terms of the context of the problem.