Unit 1 Day 3: Apply Segment Addition Postulate
- Ms. Ortiz-Tello
Directions on how to find the Distance tool to measure length between two points.
Activity: Find the Indicated Lengths.
Applet #1: Use this applet to answer questions #1 - 5 below.
1. Use the and then the tools in the applet above to find the indicated lengths below. a.) Find AB b.) Find BC c.) Find AC
2. What do the lengths you found tell us about the relationship of those three points?
3. In question #1 you found the length AC by using the and tools in the applet. Is there another way to find length AC? Explain.
Applet # 2: Use this applet to answer questions #4 and 5.
4. Find the lengths AB and BC using the angle and distance (length) tools.
5. Can you use the Segment Addition Postulate to find the length AC? Explain.