- Walch Education
Alexis is saving to buy a laptop that costs $1,100. So far she has saved $400. She makes $12 an hour babysitting. What’s the least number of hours she needs to work in order to reach her goal?
- Read the problem statement carefully.
- Reread the scenario and make a list of the known quantities.
- Read the statement again, identifying the unknown quantity or variable.
- Create expressions and inequalities from the known quantities and variable(s).
- Solve the resulting inequality.
- Interpret the solution of the inequality in terms of the context of the problem.