Definition of a parabola as a locus
- Zoltán Kovács
You can see the equation of the parabola defined by the directrix (line AB) and the focus point F.
- Drag point F to change the focus of the parabola.
- Drag points A and B to change the directrix of the parabola.
- Try to find positions for F, A and B to get "short" equations.
- Can you set up the construction to not see the parabola any longer?
- Can you collect common properties of all displayed equations? (Collect the variables and the degree of the expressions.)