Using Graphing Calculator in Kiosk Mode on Chromebook
- Zbynek Konecny
Setting up Kiosk App for Students
You can set up GeoGebra Graphing Calculator as a Kiosk App for multiple devices managed through Google Apps for Education. That way the Chromebook starts Graphing Calculator on boot and students are not allowed to switch to other apps. To do that, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Admin console.
- Go to Device management > Chrome management > Device settings > Kiosk Apps. Click on Manage Kiosk Applications.
- In the dialog that appears select GeoGebra Graphing Calculator. You can search for it on the Chrome Web Store or select Custom App and enter the following properties ID: ajijpokmmljpgdacmnejdjkbjjpjjekj URL: https://clients2.google.com/service/update2/crx
- On the same Device settings page, under Kiosk Settings > Auto-Launch Kiosk App, select the app.
- Make sure the devices you want to administer the exam with are under the organizational unit you select for the kiosk app.
Testing Kiosk app Locally
To start kiosk mode on a single device please see https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/3134673
The ID for GeoGebra Classic is bnbaboaihhkjoaolfnfoablhllahjnee