- Michael Horvath
This activity shows some of the various components of a triangle ABC.
- "Altitudes" extend from a vertex and are perpendicular to the opposite side. They intersect at the "orthocenter".
- "Medians" extend from a vertex and bisect the opposite side. The "center of gravity" lies at their point of intersection.
- "Bisectors" extend from a vertex and bisect the angle at that vertex.
- A "circumcircle" circumscribes a triangle. The "circumcenter" lies at its center.
- An "incircle" is the largest possible circle than can fit within a triangle. The "incenter" lies at its center, and is also the point of intersection of the bisectors.