CCSS IP Math II 6.6.2 Example 4
- Walch Education
Write the standard equation of the parabola with focus and directrix . Then use a graphing calculator to graph your equation.
- Plot the focus and graph the directrix. Sketch the parabola. Label the vertex .
- To write the equation, first determine the coordinates of the vertex and the value of .
- Use the results found in step 2 to write the equation.
- Solve the standard equation for to obtain a function that can be graphed.
- Graph the function using a graphing calculator.