Pythagorean theorem (check with ATP)
- Zoltán Kovács
This applet demonstrates how GeoGebra can verify the Pythagorean theorem by using automated theorem proving in the background.
Use the Navigation Bar to create the construction:
- Create the first leg, side a.
- Draw a perpendicular in C to side a, ensuring that the triangle will be right.
- Create the second leg, side b.
- Create the hypothenuse, side c.
- Verify the theorem numerically.
- Check the theorem using automated theorem proving. In this case, the proof is a very long algebraic derivation by using analytical geometry and a huge equation system, but they are not shown.