CCGPS AA 3.2.2 Example 3
- Walch Education
Solve the rational inequality for .
- Check for any values of that would make the rational expression undefined.
- Since the inequality includes 0 as a possible solution, identify any values that make the rational expression equal to 0.
- Identify domain intervals that affect the sign of the numerator and denominator.
- Use these intervals to create a table of sign changes.
- Use the table to identify the intervals that satisfy the conditions described in step 3.
- State the possible solution(s).
- Check the possible solution(s).