- Walch Education
Lana is driving home from her friend’s house. She is driving at a steady speed, and her distance from her home, in miles, can be represented by the function , where is her driving time in hours. Find the inverse function to show when, in hours, Lana will be miles from home.
- Determine if the function is one-to-one.
- Rewrite the function in the form “.”
- Switch and in the original equation of the function.
- Solve the new equation for by using inverse operations.
- Replace with to show that the equation is the inverse of .