- Use create 4 random points (A,B,C,D).
- Use to connect the points and form a quadrilateral.
- Use to find the midpoint of each side.
- Use to connect the four midpoints.
- Use to move points A, B, C, or D.
What type of quadrilaterals are formed?
Use the applet below to investigate the type of quadrilateral that is formed by the midpoints of various figures.
- Follow the same steps as above to create the Varignon quadrilateral for each shape below.
- You can move the green points.
- What type of Varignon quadrilateral is formed by each shape?
- Use the , , and tools to verify your answers.