Copy of Fixed Point Iteration: Newton-Raphson (Newton's Method)
Numerical method for finding roots of
Newton-Raphson is an iterative numerical method for finding roots of . It uses the iterative formula
- Input a function and press enter
- Select your choice of by dragging the point along the x-axis
- Zoom the axes if required, using the sliders
- Use the Iterations slider to change the number of iterations (max 50)
- To switch off "snap to grid" so that moves more continuously, click Options, Point Capturing, Off.