- Walch Education
Write the inverse of the exponential function using common logarithms. Evaluate any constants in the logarithmic function.
- Isolate the exponential term in the function.
- Write the logarithmic function.
- Simplify the logarithmic function.
- Switch the variables and use for .
- Rewrite the logarithmic terms for as common logarithmic fractions using the base change rule.
- Substitute the common logarithmic fractions into the equation found in step 4 and simplify.
- Evaluate the constant terms.