Central and Inscribed Angles
- John Rodgers
Construct a Central and an Inscribed Angle
Construct a Central Angle
- Take a look below to get an idea of what you are constructing.
- Construct a circle.
- Hide the point on the circle, but not the point at the center.
- Construct two new points on the circle.
- Construct a segment from one of the points on the circle to the center.
- Construct a second segment from the second point to the center of the circle.
- Measure the angle.
- Construct a third point on the circle, preferably across the circle from your first two.
- Construct a segment from the first point to the third point.
- Construct a segment from the second point to the third point.
- measure the angle.
What do you notice about central and inscribed angles?
Is there a relationship between the central and inscribed angle? What is it?