Lissajous Curve Construction
- Michael Horvath
This worksheet shows how to trace a Lissajous curve.
- Point B' is the rotation of point B around the origin by angle α times the value of slider a.
- Point B'1 is the rotation of point B around the origin by the angle α times the value of slider b.
- The Lissajous curve is the locus of point D, which is the intersection of lines e and f.
- Lines e and f are perpendicular to each other.
- Move point C to trace the locus of point B.
- Adjust sliders a and b to change the shape of the Lissajous curve.