- Walch Education
- Function Graph
The following graph shows a linear model that approximates the relationship between the size of a home and how much it costs. The x-axis represents size in square feet, and the y-axis represents cost in dollars. Calculate the slope and the y-intercept of the linear model, and describe what these values mean in terms of housing prices.
- Find the equation of the linear fit.
- Determine the units of the slope.
- Describe what the slope means in context.
- Determine the units of the y-intercept.
- Describe what the y-intercept means in context.