UCSS Math II 3A.2.2 Example 2
- Walch Education
Factor the polynomial by finding the GCF. Verify your results using the Distributive Property.
- Determine the common factors of the coefficients for each term.
- Determine the greatest power of each variable common to all terms, and multiply this by the common factor from step 1 to complete the GCF.
- Write expressions for the remaining non-common factors.
- Factor the original polynomial by writing it as the product of the GCF and a polynomial whose terms are the expressions found in the previous step.
- Verify the result using the Distributive Property.