Medians & Centroid Investigation
- Centroid or Barycenter
1) What word can you use to describe the intersection of a triangle's 3 medians? How do they intersect?
2) Suppose the entire purple median of the triangle above measures 18 inches. What would the distance BG be? What would the distance GF be?
3) Suppose the entire blue median of the triangle above measures 12 inches. What would the distance AG be? What would the distance GE be?
4) What is the exact value of the following ratios? AG/AE = ? CG/CD = ? BG/BF = ? What do you notice when comparing them?
5) Suppose you have a triangle with only 1 median drawn. Without constructing its other 2 medians, explain how you can locate the centroid of the triangle.