Conic sections and tangent circles
- Juan Carlos Ponce Campuzano
A straight line m and a circle with centre C are given. Let A and B be arbitrary points on the line m and on the circle, respectively.
- Ellipses and hyperbolas are generated by the family of perpendicular bisectors to AB.
- The parabolas are the envelope of the family of ellipses and hyperbolas defined by point A.
- The circles are tangent to the given circle and to the given line at A.
- Drag the points A, B or C.
- Activate boxes to show the other curves.