CCGPS AA 6.8.3 Example 1
- Walch Education
Caleb has seven 3-foot fence sections and would like to use them all to create a rectangular garden. How should Caleb use the fence sections to create a garden with the most area? Use the formula for the area of a rectangle, .
- Assign a variable to the number of fence sections needed to create the maximum area.
- Write a function model for the area of the garden.
- Use a graphing calculator to generate a table of data for different values of .
- Use the table of values to determine the maximum value(s) of .
- Use the results of step 4 to determine the maximum area of the garden.
- Explain how Caleb should use the fence sections to create a garden with the most area. Refer to the domain of in your explanation.