UCSS Math II 3B.3.1 Example 1
- Walch Education
A city’s population has increased during the last years and is now people. What was the population years ago? Assuming that the population increased at the same rate each year, what was the annual rate of increase?
- Write the exponential growth model and identify what each variable represents.
- Substitute the given values into the growth model.
- Find , the initial amount in the exponential growth model.
- To find the annual rate of increase, determine how to rewrite the exponential expression.
- Rewrite the exponential expression to reveal the annual rate of increase.
- Verify the answers shown in steps 3 and 5.