UCSS Math II 2.7.1 Example 2
- Walch Education
Compare the domain, range, graph, and critical values on the graph of to the graph of . How are these differences reflected in the algebraic equations?
- Determine the domain and range of .
- Find at least three points on the graph of , including any critical points.
- Plot the points and graph .
- Determine the domain of .
- Determine the range of .
- Find at least three points on the function , including critical points.
- Plot the points and graph on the same coordinate plane as the graph of .
- Compare the domains and ranges of the functions and . Note how the equation is related to any differences between the domains and ranges.
- Compare the critical points of and , and note how the equation is related to the differences between these points.
- Compare the general shapes of and , and note how the equation is related to the differences.