CCGPS AA 5.2.1 Example 4
- Walch Education
- Function Graph
Sketch the graph of the function over the restricted domain .
- Identify the amplitude of the function.
- Determine the period of the function.
- Determine how many cycles of the function can be shown over the domain .
- Determine the values of at which the maximum and minimum occur over the domain of the cycle given by .
- Determine the coordinates of the points for the maximum and minimum values.
- Use the period to determine the coordinates of the maximum and minimum points for the remaining two cycles in the restricted domain of the function.
- Determine the y-intercept of the function.
- Use the coordinates found in steps 5–7 to sketch the graph of the function.
- Confirm your sketch using a graphing calculator.