Calculate Inter quartile range
A company keeps track of the age at which employees retire. It is considered an early retirement if the employee retires before turning 65. The age of the 11 employees who took early retirement this year are listed in the table below. Are there any striking deviations in the data?
- First find the interquartile range.
- Order the data set from least to greatest.
- Find the median of the data set.
- Find the first quartile.
- Find the third quartile.
- Find the difference between the third and first quartiles: third quartile–first quartile, or .
- Look for striking deviations in the data.