Rectangular Area of a Circle
- Stuart Fortier
This worksheet will help you discover the area of a circle by approximating the area of a pseudo-rectangle.
Use the slider to change the number of sections the circle is divided into.
- How do the area of the red shape and the circle compare to one another?
- As gets larger, what shape does the red figure approach?
- If could be infinitely large, what shape would the red figure be?
- What is the length of the red shape's shortest side?
- What is the length of the red shape's longest side?
- What is the area of the red shape?
- What is the area of the circle?