UCSS Math III 4B.3.2 Example 2
- Walch Education
Working together, carpenters Benjamin and Ava can build a table in 4 hours. Use the function to create a graph and to find the time required for each carpenter to build a table separately if Benjamin takes hours and Ava takes hours.
- Define the variables in the function.
- Substitute the defined variables into the given function and simplify.
- Graph the simplified equation.
- Describe the domain of the function and what that implies for the number of possible solutions for .
- Solve to find the indicated domain value(s) of and determine the amount of time Benjamin and Ava each take to build a table on their own.