CCGPS AA 1.1.1 Example 2
- Walch Education
- Median Value
Eight friends are discussing their part-time jobs. They worked the following numbers of hours last week: Describe the data set, using appropriate measures of center and spread. Identify any outliers or other extreme values and describe their effects.
- Make a plan.
- Find the five-number summary.
- Find the interquartile range (IQR).
- Identify any outliers.
- Choose an appropriate measure of center.
- Find the mean, .
- Choose appropriate measures of spread.
- Find the range.
- Calculate the mean absolute deviation, the variance, and the standard deviation for individual data values.
- Find the mean absolute deviation (MAD), the variance, and the standard deviation for the data set.
- Draw a box plot.
- Draw a dot plot.
- Use the plots to describe the data set.