UCSS Math II 4.2.3 Example 2
- Walch Education
Mr. Harkins is holding a raffle to raise money for a class field trip. The number of tickets each student purchased is listed in the table below. Mr. Harkins will pick 2 winning tickets by selecting 2 different tickets without replacement. What is the probability that both the first and second tickets selected are Christo’s?
- Use probability notation to write the problem to be solved.
- Determine if the two events are independent or dependent.
- Use the Multiplication Rule to determine which probability and conditional probabilities need to be calculated.
- Find the probability and conditional probability.
- Use the Multiplication Rule to find the compound probability of the two events.