UCSS Math II 3A.2.3 Example 4
- Walch Education
Factor , and then verify your results.
- Determine any common factors of the given trinomial, if common factors exist.
- Set up two sets of parentheses and write the variable as the first term in each set of parentheses.
- List all of the possible sets of factors for the constant term (include both positive and negative numbers).
- Determine which set of factors has a sum that equals the coefficient of the first-degree term.
- Write the correct factors (including their signs) as the second terms in the two sets of parentheses.
- Distribute the factors to verify that they result in the original trinomial.