- Walch Education
Use the given angle to construct a new angle equal to . Note: Drag the green points to try different angles.
Constructions can be created in more than one way. The steps in this applet show a different way to create the new angle than the steps provided below from the Guided Practice.
- Copy and label the vertex of the copied angle .
- Put the sharp point of the compass on vertex of the original angle. Set the compass to any width that will cross both sides of the original angle.
- Draw an arc across both sides of . Label where the arc intersects the angle as points and .
- Without changing the compass setting, put the sharp point of the compass on . Draw a large arc that intersects one side of your newly constructed angle. Label the point of intersection .
- Put the sharp point of the compass on of the original angle and set the width of the compass so it touches .
- Without changing the compass setting, put the sharp point of the compass on point and make an arc that intersects the arc created in step 4. Label the point of intersection as .
- Draw a ray from point to point . Do not erase any of your markings. =