UCSS Math III 2B.1.2 Example 3
- Walch Education
Rewrite the rational expression by using long division.
- Write the rational expression as a long division problem.
- Divide the first term of the dividend by the first term of the divisor and place that in the quotient spot.
- Multiply the first term of the quotient by the divisor and write the product underneath the dividend.
- Subtract the like terms and bring down the next term.
- Repeat the process until all terms have been divided.
- Write the quotient.