UCSS Math I 2.5.1 Example 1
- Walch Education
The starting balance of Anna’s account is $1,250. She takes $30 out of her account each month. How much money is in her account after 1, 2, and 3 months? Find an equation to represent the balance in her account at any month.
- Use the description of the account balance to find the balance after each month.
- Determine the independent and dependent quantities.
- Determine if there is a common difference or common ratio that describes the change in the dependent quantity.
- Use the common difference to write an explicit equation.
- Evaluate the equation to verify that it is correct.