CCGPS AA 1.3.3 Example 3
- Walch Education
Kylie wants to estimate the total number of times customers enter different establishments at the same mall described in Example 2. Kylie has 10 electronic devices that can count the number of customers entering a given establishment. Use the tables provided in Example 2 to select a stratified sample (by category) of 10 establishments at which Kylie can install her counting devices.
- Construct a table that shows the number of establishments in each category.
- Determine the number of establishments to select from each category.
- Organize the list of establishments by category, then number each item within a category.
- Randomly select the appropriate number of stores in each category.
- Match each random number with the establishment that falls in that position in the category list.